Saturday, May 9, 2015

Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

I received the Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Faux Cils complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
I love receiving these Influenster boxes and I can't believe that I received one for this high end brand! Who doesn't love a little something from YSL? The card that came in the box says:
     "Congratulations
      As a VIP you have been selected to try the original False Lash Effect Mascara by YSL."
How cool is that?!?!  Thanks Influenster!

My nice Influenster box.

YSL... very nice!



The YSL mascara comes in this nice two-toned gold box with the YSL symbol 1/3 down the box.
The mascara itself is in a gold container with the YSL monogram also in two-toned gold. The top is easy to unscrew and when you screw it back on, the YSL monogram lines up.


Shnazzy container!

What does "Effet Faux Cils" mean? According to the card that came in my Influenster box, it means "False Lash Effect." Which I feel is very fitting. The brush is made up of nylon fibers and picks up a lot product. The formula is a little thick, but it is not clumpy or sticky (who wants to feel their lashes sticking?).

Nice thick brush

It feels and looks like each and every eye lash is coated. As you can see from the picture below my lashes are pretty long without mascara, but with this YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils they look thicker and slightly longer! I also like that my lashes look beautiful, but not ridiculously overdone.


Please ignore the eye shadow... I couldn't get a good picture with my phone!
But look at the difference!

Overall, this is a great mascara. Retail price for the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils is $32, which really is not a bad price considering that it is a high end brand. I have tried other high end brands with a heftier price tag and the end results were nothing like this from YSL. I would rate this as one of my top favorite mascaras and definitely would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a high end one.

Thanks again Influenster and Yves Saint Laurent for sending this product to me. It has definitely been getting a lot of use!

What is your favorite mascara?
Have you tried the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils?
What did you think?

xoxo
Qttie1

No comments:

Post a Comment