Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ipsy June 2015 - Swim Into Beauty

Hello lovelies.
Are there any Ipsy subscribers that stalk the Ipsy site waiting for their Glam bags to be updated? Or to see when you can post on Facebook so that you can get a sneak peek of what is going to be in your bags? I am definitely one of those people! I also track my packages religiously online! I know it’s coming, but I want to know where it is at all times. Have you ever said, “Why is my package in so-and-so-place for 4 days?” (Mine is always in Orlando for 4 days). I think I say that every month! My husband just laughs at me.

I received my Ipsy bag last week. I must say that I haven’t been too impressed with my Ipsy bags the last few months. But then again, I haven’t been reviewing my products like I used to. Ever since Ipsy changed their site, I haven’t been writing my reviews. I started up again and hopefully I will start enjoying my bags as much I used to. Don’t get me wrong, I did get some products that I am excited to try… but how many times can you get a face primer! Yes, it’s from Smashbox and yes, I do love their primer… but I already own it! J

The theme for June 2015 was Swim into Beauty.




Let’s take a look into my Glam bag:



BioRepublic Face Masks
I am really into face masks right now, so this was one of the products that I was really happy about getting in my June bag. I received 3 different masks from BioRepublic: Cucumber Breeze, Green Tea Detox, and Aloe Rescue. All the masks are a made from a biodegradable fiber and they are made to fit snuggly on your face. My only complaint, it shouldn’t be that complicated to unfold the mask without breaking it! OMG, seriously!?!?
It’s very easy to use: open the packet, unfold the mask, place on your face and pat it down, wait – 20 minutes, then remove it. The instructions say that you do not have to rinse your face, just tap the excess product into your skin.
Cucumber Breeze is infused with cucumber extract and Vitamin E to soothe stressed skin, improve complexion, tighten pores, and reduce the singes of fine lines.
Green Tea Detox is infused with green tea extract and Vitamin E which provides a boost of anti-oxidants and reduces the appearances of blemishes and imperfections.
Aloe Rescue is infused with Aloe Vera juice and Vitamin E to sooth dry skin and hydrates it.
I tried the Cucumber Breeze and it felt amazing. I sat outside in our patio and my face felt cool and refreshed! I would definitely purchase this mask!



J.Cat Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain
I love lip products and was excited to get this Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain by J.Cat. When I think of a lip stain, I think of Benefit’s Benetint… this product by J.Cat reminds me more of a thick lip gloss or maybe a liquid lip stick. I received the color Blow Your Mind (the other color that Ipsy members received was Hikilicous). The color is a deep pink with some mauve. The consistency is a little thick, but overall the lip stain is beautiful. My problem… the stain bleeds… bad.  If you are going to wear this lip stain, you definitely need to use a lip primer or a waterproof lip liner.





NYC Liquid Eyeliner
I’m already a fan of NYC and this liquid eyeliner did not disappoint. The color is a very deep set black (love it!). The brush is thin so you can get that nice thing precise line on your eyelids or you can thicken it. It’s very easy to use and the end result is absolutely gorgeous! NYC proves once again that you don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a great product!






Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
I have already written a review on this Smashbox primer. I have a deluxe sample of this primer that I received from a Smashbox contest. I have a small sample that I don’t remember where I got it from. I have the full sized product that I purchased from Ulta during one of their 21 Days of Beauty. I was surprised at how small the sample was that received in the Glam bag. I was a little disappointed to receive this, but it is a great product.



treStique Mini Shadow Crayon

The packaging for this mini shadowcrayon from treStique is really cute! When I received the bag, I thought that it was already open, to find out that the lid looks like a liner/crayon. I like the idea of shadow crayon, but I was not very impressed with the color that I received, which is called Kona Coffee. Kona Coffee is a very dark brown, which would be great for an eye liner. The crayon is very silky and goes on very smooth. The full sized product has shadow smudger at the bottom (I would have loved for the mini one to have this).





Overall, the bag wasn't too bad, but I wish that I had gotten some of the of the other products. I have already started reviewing my products and hopefully next month I will be more happy with my bag.

What did you get in your Ipsy bag?
What was your favorite product?

Until next time.

xoxo,

Qttie1

No comments:

Post a Comment