Monday, February 10, 2014

February Julep Maven - The Dramatic Collection

The theme for the February Julep Maven box is "The Dramatic Collection".... and oh were the colors ah-maz-ing and intense!  I found it sooo hard to pick a box because all of the Maven profiles had such great colors!  AND the beauty product this month was a liquid eye shadow and the colors offered were also incredible!  This made my decision even harder.  I have never tried a liquid eye shadow, so I decided to opt out of the "It Girl" and after about half an hour of looking at all of the other profiles, I decided on the "Classic With a Twist."  Once I figured that I wanted that box, I spent another 10 minutes trying to figure out what color, out of the 4 available, I wanted for the liquid eye shadow.... I decided to go with "Warm Fig Shimmer."  The free gift for this month?  An extra polish named "Love." How awesome is that?!?!

My Julep box arrived on Saturday, February 1 and I was NOT disappointed!  All of the colors are absolutely beautiful!






Every month we get a little card with an inspirational quote and this month, just like the box, I loved the quote:



The nail polishes in my February Maven box are:

Love
This was our free gift from Julep.  At first I thought that Love was going to be more of an accent color, but I was wrong!  The day I received my Maven box I painted all of my nails with this color. The polish is a light gold metallic with glitter specs of gold and a pinkish berry.  The name fits the color... I absolutely LOVE it!




Greta
Julep describes this color as a Loganberry with multidimensional microglitter,  Greta is beautiful and is actually the color that I currently have on.  I think it's a great color to get into the Valentine's Day spirit! Who doesn't love a glittery, purplish red nail polish?  




Octavia
A creamy Indigo blue, Octavia looks great on it's own, with some designs, or as an accent color.  I can't wait to wear this color out!  Octavia was my deciding factor on the "Classic With a Twist" box.




The Eye Sheen Liquid Shadow I picked is called Warm Fig Shimmer.  It was very hard to pick one eye sheen and I regret not purchasing the others!  While comparing all four offered, Warm Fig was my favorite.  I would describe the color as a mauvey copper (does that make sense?).  The eye sheen is easy to apply (with your finger or a brush), blendable, and buildable.  I hope that Julep keeps these eye sheens in stock because I will definitely be purchasing more!




I give my February Julep Maven box a 5 out of 5!  No complaints and I LOVED everything!  Good job Julep... I can't wait to see what the March box is going to offer.

If you would like to subscribe to Julep, you can join here: Julep.

What was your favorite color?
Have you tried a liquid eye shadow?  What are your thoughts on them?

Thanks for reading!

xoxo Qttie1



No comments:

Post a Comment