Monday, March 24, 2014

Ipsy February Bag

Ipsy's February theme was "The Look of Love" right in time for Valentine's Day.  Well, I was sick for Valentine's and I got my bag on the 20th (like usual)... but it was still a GREAT bag!  I was happy with all of the products that I received. Oh, and I also redeemed some points... so it was like I got an extra gift!



I LOVE the bag... it's small, cute, and PINK!!!  I will definitely get a lot of use out of this bag itself. You can see the bag... hiding in the back... being covered... why didn't I take a picture of just the bag?!?!


Now for all of the goodies that came inside (don't they look fun?).  I guess that I am going to list them in the order that I tried everything.


Pop Beauty - Plump Pout Mini
How cute is this lipgloss mini?  The size is perfect!  It fits in your purse, clutch, even your pocket... I will probably be cursing out the size when I run out!  I got the Pop Beauty lipgloss in Fuchsia Freesia. The color is nice and bright with a very glossy finish.  What I really like about the gloss is that even though it is a lip plumper, your lips do not get that weird tingling feeling.  Ok, honestly I have never tried a lip "plumper" that actually plumps my lips, but all the ones that I have tried have had that tingliness (I may have made up that word). Also, the gloss does not leave your lips feeling sticky! Thank goodness!  I hate sticky lipglosses!  So, I was extremely happy with this product.




Zoya Nail Polish
You know I love my nail polish (I have a subscription to a nail polish beauty box for heaven's sake!), so of course I was happy to receive this... AND I love Zoya polishes.  I received the color DOT, which is a creamy, petal pink and looks soooo classy and beautiful.  I received many compliments on my manicure with Dot.  With it being such a light color, you need a minimum of 2 coats, even 3 is not bad. My manicure lasted a full week, which is great.  I absolutely love this polish and will definitely re-purchase it.

+


Tini Beauty Eyetini Cream Shadow and Base in One
More liquid shadow!  I have to say that I was hoping for a different shade, but the purple family works very well for me... so I can't complain.  I received the Eyetini in the color Violette, which is very beautiful.  It was a little strange that the applicator looks like one you would find on a lipgloss, but who am I to judge?  If you apply the shadow right from the applicator to your eyelids, you get a lot of product, which can be nice.  If not, you can dot your lids with the applicator and smudge the shadow with your fingers (or brush) for less product.  In the end both techniques work and look beautiful. I definitely like this product!




J. Cat Eyelashes and Eyelash Glue
My lashes are pretty long as it is and I have already gotten fake lashes in another Ipsy bag, so I was not very happy about getting these.  This is my 3rd pair (2nd from Ipsy) and I am still trying to perfect the art of putting them on.  With all that being said, I got excited when I actually saw them. I got the J. Cat Eyelashes in EL13 and once I get them on right, they are going to look awesome!  And I love that they came with the glue! I cannot wait for the next date night or Girls Night Out to wear them.  I was pleasantly surprised with these!



skynn Iceland Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud
I haven't found a great or miraculous face mask that I love (if anyone has a recommendation please let me know), so I was really excited about getting this product. So can you believe that I still have not tried this? I keep saying that I will try it on a weekend just in case I have a reaction to it, I don't want to go to work with a red or bumpy face! This is a 2 step mask that you do weekly for 10 minutes. The treatment is supposed to polish and re-texturize your skin.  Step 1 is made up of a blue clay and 13,000 year old mud from the Ice Age.  Step 2 is a gel that detoxifies the skin.  I will definitely be trying skynn mask this weekend and report on my findings.



AND FINALL... I redeemed my points... I couldn't help it!  I picked the KISS Nail Art Kit... the other 2 choices was a beauty blender (which I have) or a NYX shadow palette (which I have one like the one offered). I also thought it would be fun to do some crazy, cool designs on my nails.  I opened it, but have not had time to really play with everything.  I will post pictures once I start experimenting.




I give the February bag a 5 out of 5  One product that I thought I wouldn't like, I wound up liking. The other, I wanted, received it, but haven't tried it... so technically my score for this bag can change! Overall I am extremely happy with my bag.  Now onto March's bag....

What did you get in your February bag? Have you ever traded a product?


xoxo
Qttie1 


No comments:

Post a Comment