Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ipsy March Bag

Welcome back lovelies.
It's time for Ipsy's March bag, which was themed... "Destination Beauty." I have already started planning our vacation, so I was very excited for this month's bag. Every product I received is perfect for a vacation! I received my bag a little early (the 17th... St. Patrick's Day) giving me plenty of time to play with my goodies before posting this. This month we received 4 instead of 5 products plus the bag, but all the products are of great quality. When I first saw the makeup bag on the Ipsy web site, I was not very impressed. But when it came in, I thought... this is actually really cute. The design on the bag is from an artist named Klari Reis (if you are interested in her work, visit www.klariart.com). Nice job Klari!
My Ipsy March goodies

Klari Reis's design on the March makeup bag

And now for the products!

bareMinerals - Marvelous Moxie Lipstick
I was hoping to get the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss, but I am extremely happy that I received the lipstick! The color is called Get Ready, which is rosy pink that looks great on all skin tones. The Marvelous Moxie lipstick glides on like butter and leaves your lips feeling smooth and soft. I will definitely be looking into purchasing more colors. I only wish that the lipstick was full sized and not a deluxe sample, but this is a great travel size.
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Get Ready"

Chella - Indigo Blue Eyeliner
I have heard great things about Chella and I was very happy to finally receive a product from them. When I saw a blue eyeliner, my excitement level went down (I already have 2, one being from MAC and I love it). When I took it out of the bag everything changed... I was back to being very excited! This is an Indigo blue eyeliner pen and it has a very thin tip for that perfect line and cat eye! Another product that just glides on, very easy to use (which I didn't think it would be), and looks incredible on! This product is NOT just for vacation!
Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen

Swatches of bareMinerals lipstick in "Get Ready" and Chella Eyeliner

NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow
I am definitely a NYX fan.  The brand has great products, great colors, amazing prices, and is carried at Target and Ulta. The Love in Rio Eye palette comes with 3 complimentary colors. I received the palette in Moonlit Skinny Dip, which has a light beige, warm/medium beige, and a rich dark chocolate... absolutely beautiful! I know that some people have said that some NYX shadows are not very pigmented, personally I have never had an issue. But for those who do, I say to use a shadow primer (Too Faced has their Eye Insurance which works wonders), plus your shadow will last all day. I have not opened my palette in hopes of trading it either with a friend or my sister (both who are still waiting for their bags). I already own NYXs S119 Nude on Nude Palette which include these 3 colors. If I am not able to trade, I will definitely use it because the colors are beautiful and useful and the palette is the perfect travel size. 
NYX Love in Rio Shadow Palette in "Moonlit Skinny Dip"

Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer
This was another deluxe sample sized product. I have always been iffy about primers... do they really do anything? I have applied the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer many times now and yes, I definitely saw a difference in my makeup. The primer feels great on the skin (leaving it feeling soft) and makes my foundation looking amazingly smooth. I also noticed that my makeup lasted longer without touch ups. Great job Pixi! This is another product that I will be purchasing in the future.
Pixi's Flawless Beauty Primer

Swatch of the Pixi Primer (you can see a little bit of the color)

I will give the March Ipsy bag a 5 out of 5. These are all great products that I will definitely keep using and purchase in the future. Also, the bag was surprisingly nice and useful. Keep up the good work Ipsy!
I can't wait for Tuesday for the April sneak peeks to start!
If you are interested in subscribing... here is my referral link to Ipsy.

How was your March bag? What was your favorite product?
See you next time!

xoxo
Qttie1



No comments:

Post a Comment