Friday, May 2, 2014

April Julep Maven - The Vivid Collection

My May Julep box should be arriving soon, so it is about time that I got this post up!

Julep’s theme for April was the Vivid Collection. All of the nail polishes were bright and beautiful.  They are just the right pop of color for this Summer… and for me, it’s always summer here in Florida! I have to say that April was one of those months that no matter which Maven box you picked, it was a great one. I decided to keep the “It Girl” Maven box this month because I felt that the 3 polishes that were included were the colors that would look best on me. The other Maven profile boxes included 2 polishes and a blush… and since I just got that gorgeous blush from Too Faced (check out my Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty post) I didn’t need another blush (yes, I just said that). This helped make my decision easier.

Keeping the Vivid Collection theme in mind, the box was a bright purple, with neon yellow tissue, and greenish paper shreds. The free treat this month was 2 hard candies, which I was a little disappointed with, but I know my husband will eat them.  The inspirational card says, “You don’t have to be like anyone else.” This is a quote from Cyndi Lauper who I loved as a child (and as an adult). I met her about 5 years ago at work and she truly is an amazing person. A quote from Cyndi Lauper was perfect for this collection. The nail polishes included in the “It Girl” Maven box were Flora, Maren, and Bailey.






Flora
Flora’s color is described as an exotic dragonfruit with blue shimmer. You definitely have to apply 2 coats of this polish. When I applied my first coat, I was disappointed because it did not look like the color on the bottle. Then I applied the second coat and thought OMG… this color is amazing! It definitely looks exotic! This is a definite “must try” polish.




Maren
Maren brings back a lot of memories for me, especially of when I was growing up in New York. The color is described as an electric bubblegum. The color is a little sheer and opalescent. It also has a little blue sheen it. Julep is currently out of Maren and I completely understand why. I highly recommend this color to anyone because it will look great on all skin tones.





Bailey
Baily is a beautiful cobalt blue. The first layer I applied looked very sheer and flat. The second layer I applied was a bit thicker and gave it a nice cream finish. This is another polish that you need to apply a minimum of 2 coats with this polish. This polish looks good with whatever you decide to wear.




I give Julep’s April Maven box a 5 out of 5. All 3 colors are incredible and look beautiful on. These are bright and fun colors that will look good on everyone. Each time I painted my nails with a color I thought, “This one is my favorite out of the collection.” If you are able to get the collection or just a few, I recommend that you do because you will not be disappointed.

Did you get the April box? What was your favorite color? Did you get a blush or bronzer? What did you think about it?

If you would like to join Julep, click here.

xoxo
Qttie1

No comments:

Post a Comment