Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ipsy April Bag

I am a little late with Ipsy's April bag... I am really sorry about that! I received my bag on the 15th, so I have had a lot of time to play around with all of the products. The theme of the April bag is "Beauty Rocks!" I LOVE the theme, but disappointed in the bag itself. I think that the concept was good, but the end result came off as being kid-like. When it came to the products, this was another bag that I was very happy with all of the products!




Urban Decay - 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil
All subscribers received the Urban Decay 24/7 liner... thank goodness because Urban Decay is one of my favorite brands. This was the product that I was looking forward to the most and I was not disappointed! We received the liner in the color Black Velvet and it is one of the blackest and darkest liners that I own... and I love black liners! The 24/7 Velvet Pencil glides on and is very smooth and precise. I also love that even though you can blend it, it dries up to become water proof. I will definitely buy this eye pencil again when I use it up.




Coastal Scents - Eye Shadow Brush
Okay, when I checked my Glam Room and saw that I was getting the Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Brush in Medium I was a little disappointed. This is because I already received this same brush (yes, same brand and the same size) in another Ipsy bag. But then I thought to myself that I use this brush every day and I love it. You can never have too many brushes! The bristles on the brush are soft, not stiff, and collect the right amount of shadow each time. This is a great brush from Coastal Scents and I completely recommend it.




Elizabeth Mott - pop! Goes the Shadow
I love, love, love the eye shadow from Elizabeth Mott! The description to the shadow says that it is creamy, which I do not agree with... but it is still a great product. I really like this shadow because the color is gorgeous (Champagne), it is easy to use (it builds up and blends easily), and it is creaseless. This is an overall great product and looks great on a date night.





dr. brandt - Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant
The Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant has a great lemony scent and left my skin very soft and smooth. This product is supposed to diminish the appearance of fine lines, acne marks, and skin discoloration. I like this skin exfoliant, what I don't like is the $78 price tag that comes with the full size. I feel that even though I really liked the product, there are alternatives out there that work just as well at a better price. With that said, I am happy that I received this dr. brandt product to try out.





Starlooks - Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil
Those of us that received this longwear lip pencil received it in the color Naked. I was scared when I saw the color... I was afraid that it would wash out my face. When I swatched the lip liner, I was very impressed, it applied very nicely and smoothly and the color had a hint of pink. I have to say that when I applied it to my lips the first time, the top broke off! I did not expect that, but I just sharpened it and I make sure to have my lip moisturizer on before I apply the lip pencil. The color looks FANTASTIC on! I like to fill my lips with this Starlooks liner and apply a clear or light pink gloss on top for beautiful lips.




Overall this was a great bag. I will give it a 4.5 out of 5. I did not give it a 5 because of the dr. brandt exfoliant. Even though the exfoliant is nice... I cannot wrap my head around why it costs $78 and I personally would not pay that for it. Since this is not a product that I cannot live without, I will not pay the hefty price for it. As I mentioned before, there are other brands that have a similar product with a better price tag. Other than that... I really liked all of the products.

Well lovelies, I hope that you enjoyed this post.
Until next time.

If you would like to join Ipsy... here is my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/12a3.

xoxo
Qttie1

No comments:

Post a Comment