Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty

I think that I was very good when it came to Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty. The deals were amazing and I could have gone absolutely crazy with all of the great products! I must have looked at the ad 5 or more times, per day (yes, I was that obsessed with their deals). By the 3rd day, I narrowed it down to 3 products that I HAD to buy.



Too Faced - Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush
I have been wanting this blush since it came out. The blush went on sale on a Friday and of course I had to work... so my hubby did me the biggest favor and showed up to Ulta when they opened and bought it for me (isn't he the best?)! The Sweethearts Flush Blush has shimmery specs in the 3 different pinks that make up the blush. The name suits it perfectly, it give you the perfect flushed look... great for spring and summer. Retail value of the blush is $30, Ulta special was $15.





Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer
You know how I feel about primers... but I love Smashbox (they did my makeup for my wedding) and I do like this primer. I actually see a difference in my makeup when I use it. It looks and feels like gel (a little sticky), but it leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth once it has settled. Anything that helps your makeup last longer without touch-ups is a great buy! Retail value for the primer is $36, Ulta special was $18.





Benefit - Show Stoppin' Steal
Benefit is one of those amazing brands that I absolutely LOVE every product that I have ever tried! This was definitely a "Show Stoppin' Steal." The kit brought 3 wonderful products: a lipgloss, lipstick, and an eyeshadow. The value of the kit is $54, Ulta special was $18.


     Ultra Shines Lip Shine in Wild Child - This lipgloss is definitely glossy and shiny and in a beautiful pink (you know I love pink). For some reason it reminds me of orchids.



     Full Finish Lipstick in Lady's Choice - The lipstick is a nude-ish pink and goes on very creamy. It looks absolutely beautiful on and lasted pretty long without reapplying.



     Velvet Eyeshadow in Dandy Brandy - This eyeshadow is a brown/bronze color and is highly pigmented. Yes, it feels very velvety and looks gorgeous on. I wore it on Saturday for a smokey a eye.





bareMinerals - 6 Piece Starter Kit
I was not planning to buy this, but I got an e-mail from Ulta while waiting for the store doors to open (yes, I got there 15 minutes before opening). This is another brand that I have heard great things about, but have never tried. I took a makeup class last year and the teacher raved about this brand and how good mineral foundation is. This 6 Piece Starter Kit is perfect for travel or vacation. I bought this in Medium Beige and it includes a foundation, matte foundation, concealer, mineral veil, a foundation brush, and a concealer brush. This deal was amazing because I could try the products at a very reasonable price before I purchase the full size. The retail value for this kit is $20, Ulta special was $10.





I spent a total of $61 for products valued at $140! I am excited with everything that I purchased and love all of the products. I cant wait for the next 21 Days of Beauty (I need to start saving now).

Did you get any deals? What was your favorite purchase? Did you try out any new brands?

xoxo
Qttie1

No comments:

Post a Comment